Friday, January 15, 2010

Wow...

I guess it has been quite a while since my last entry. I apologize for that. It always gets a little hectic around the holidays. We had a lot going on as you can imagine. Well we went to Texas for a total of 10 days and it was amazing. I really had a hard time coming back. On December 23rd something happened at work that truly scared Andrew and I. One of our biggest boys who is 6'5 and 250 lbs open handed slapped me straight in the uterus. I immediately was cramping and it didn't stop for about 40 minutes. I was sent to the school nurse who then insisted I called my doctor. I had decided I would wait to call Andrew until I knew what the doctor wanted. Well the doctor had to call me back at work and endedup calling Andrew's phone and wanted to know more details about his wife being hit in the stomach (needless to say poor Andrew had a heartattack). When I finally talked to the doctor myself, he told me since I had been cramping for so long to come in immediately. So my boss drove me the doctor as we met Andrew there. He did several tests and was very thorough. He told me that my baby and I were completely safe. I thanked him but told him I would like to see it for myself for peace of mind. He then called in a favor and was able to squeeze me in for an ultrasound so I could see our baby. Well to my dismay, something even more amazing happned. They gave us the best Christmas present ever by informing us we were having a girl! What started as the scariest time for us, ended with such a blessing.

Since then, we've been trying to keep it slow and calm for me at work. I am still really tense around the boy who hit me so they're keeping me away from him..obviously. Plus my work is being very understanding of everything.

We have started a registry at Babies R Us and decided we wanted to arrange our nursery in seige green and a chocolate brown. Andrew finished painting it this week and this morning put the crib together. It is finally starting to feel like a nursery. We are so excited. Raider doesn't understand what is going on but he is liking the fact that my belly is getting bigger so he can rest on it lol. Well I think that is it for now. I'll try to be better of updating everyone. I love you all very much and miss you!!!

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! Isn't Our GOd good! He took a what could have been a negative and turned it into a real positive! So glad you and baby girl Rogers are okay!
    We love you guys soooooooooooooooooooo much!!

    Aunt Donnie

    ReplyDelete