Sunday, March 1, 2009

Pretty Cool...

Well Friday at work I was trained on something I had never done before. I actually cleaned a dog's mouth! I know that probably sounds a little odd to be excited about, but it was really interesting. I had to watch several different machines to monitor the heart beat (hoping it stayed regular) as well as the breathing. It's hard to explain but I truly enjoyed it. I guess they had a lot of faith in me because they left me alone in the room for over half the procedure.

Well yesterday I was sort of expected to go to a luncheon with the women of his family. It was the first time I had gone on a women only fiasco, if you will. It was definitely interesting to say the least. It definitely made me miss the women in my family a ton!!!

So I did something completely out of my normal range today. I ran in the snow! I know it's crazy right?!?! LOL! We are expecting to get 5-8 inches tonight and another 5-8 inches tomorrow night! It is going to be beautiful once it's all done. Oh speaking of snow I had to kind of put my father-in-law in his place (or something like that). He was telling me about the storms coming and his wife works on the way to my work. So he told me that he'd take me to work in the morning due to the snow. I had to quickly inform him that we were more than capable of getting myself to work. I know his heart was in the right place but to be honest it kind of erked me. I was thinking I know I am new up here but that doesn't mean I'm handicapped. I love figuring things out on my own, ya know? It's my mother's fault for encouraging the indepedence and strong will so long ago in me...so thanks mom for that!!! LOL!

Andrew received a phone call today from the church he interviewed at a couple of weeks ago. The man who called him was in charge of the hiring committee and he basically just told him that he'd probably get a phone call within the next week or two for a more formal interview. The informal one he had was very successful and they really liked him. So at least we know that they are still heavily considering him. We're just continuing praying that we follow God's will.

I don't know if you have heard of Josh Hamilton but he plays baseball for the Texas Rangers. We watched an hour interview of him and his life. It was so inspiring to see a man who had fallen on his face going as far to the MLB and giving all the credit to God. It was truly a wonderful testimony to watch on television. Well I hope to hear from y'all soon. I love y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Christen, for all the updates! I always copy them into an email for Gran-Gran, so she knows what's going on to. We love you guys, and miss you like crazy!!

    ReplyDelete